Our Equality Statement and Objectives
Vision and Mission
To improve the social and economic welfare of its members without regard to sex, colour, race, creed, age, culture, religion or disability to promote efficiency in public employment and to manifest its belief in the value of the unity of organized labour, this Local 1750 of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (hereinafter referred to as CUPE) has been formed.
The following Bylaws are adopted by the Local pursuant to, and to supplement, Appendix “B” of the CUPE National Constitution, to safeguard the rights of all members, to provide for responsible administration of the Local, and to involve as many members as possible through the sharing of duties and responsibilities.
Article II - Objectives
2.1 The objectives of this Local are to:
- a) Secure adequate remuneration for work performed and generally advance the economic and social welfare of its members and of all workers;
- b) Support CUPE in reaching the goals set out in ARTICLE II of the CUPE National Constitution;
- c) Provide an opportunity for its members to influence and shape their future through free democratic trade unionism;
- d) Encourage the settlement by negotiation and mediation of all disputes between the members and employer;
- e) Build and strengthen our relationship with injured workers, other stakeholders and the wider community;
- f) Promote education for all members;
- g) Affiliate and be involved with other organized labour organizations; and
- h) Provide a forum where open dialogue is encouraged and difference of opinion is respected.
I just wanted to reach out and say thank you. I am sure you are tirelessly working during this crisis. As a staff member, i am really proud that we have pulled together as an organization to focus on what matters. Thank you for all the work you do! Please take care of yourselves and stay safe.
I would just like to take a moment to let you all know that I truly appreciate all that you are doing to keep everyone safe and that our jobs are not jeopardized. I am very grateful to be a part of this union.
Thanks for all your hard work and keeping us informed. We appreciate all you do for all of us!
Great updates — kudos!
Awesome. Thanks for helping
Thanks for all your communications. It’s been very helpful.
Thank you for all the work you are doing.
Thanks for all your help, much appreciated!
First and foremost I am thankful for all the hard work everyone has put in for the “Work from Home Initiative “. I greatly thank you ALL as I know there still are many people invented and to that I THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH.. I am proud to be part of such a great and wonderful organization in this time of crises.
Thunder Bay Office