Vision and Mission
To improve the social and economic welfare of its members without regard to sex, colour, race, creed, age, culture, religion or disability to promote efficiency in public employment and to manifest its belief in the value of the unity of organized labour, this Local 1750 of the Canadian Union of Public Employees (hereinafter referred to as CUPE) has been formed.
The following Bylaws are adopted by the Local pursuant to, and to supplement, Appendix “B” of the CUPE National Constitution, to safeguard the rights of all members, to provide for responsible administration of the Local, and to involve as many members as possible through the sharing of duties and responsibilities.
Article II - Objectives
2.1 The objectives of this Local are to:
- a) Secure adequate remuneration for work performed and generally advance the economic and social welfare of its members and of all workers;
- b) Support CUPE in reaching the goals set out in ARTICLE II of the CUPE National Constitution;
- c) Provide an opportunity for its members to influence and shape their future through free democratic trade unionism;
- d) Encourage the settlement by negotiation and mediation of all disputes between the members and employer;
- e) Build and strengthen our relationship with injured workers, other stakeholders and the wider community;
- f) Promote education for all members;
- g) Affiliate and be involved with other organized labour organizations; and
- h) Provide a forum where open dialogue is encouraged and difference of opinion is respected.
Congratulations to our 2019/2020 School Year Education Bursary Winners!
OCEU/CUPE 1750 is pleased to announce the 2019/2020 School Year Education Bursary Winners. We are all about building a better life for our members and these bursaries give people the chance to pursue an education and upgrade their skills. Congratulations to all of the bursary winners!
2019/2020 School Year OCEU Bursary Winners:
- Emma Deyman
- Jordan Chiappetta
- Erica O'Brien
- Daniel Mognon
To push back against work overload, OCEU CUPE 1750 has launched a workload campaign.
For the union to file a group grievance on behalf of our members and successfully get the remedy that you deserve we need to present the facts of your case.